Need Developer Help!!!!!!!!!!!

kevinPaul

Hi All,
Here is the scenario

Step 1). There is a job running on the server which insert records to the database behind the screen.
Step2) I have designed a form with a push button, where the user click on it to see number records processed so for.

Every time user press the push button, as per the event rules written for the button, system goes and count number of records and display it on the screen.

My question is,
Is there anyway we can tell the system to refresh the screen, i mean, display the number of processed records without user interaction every 5 minutes?????
Any help would be appreciated guys.
Thanks in advance.

Note:- Normally i do not get answer from anybody for any of my questions. So even if you do not have any answer for my question, atleast send a reply with "I do not know", so i can feel better when i come back again to see the response for my question, i feel "I got some response from someone"... Please make me feel better.

Kevin

It depends on the way you coded this 'counting records' event rules, but I guess you could do a loop that gets the system time and calculates the time difference between a given time and the system time and if this difference is a certain value (say, 5 minutes), then executes the rules that count records and resets the given time to the last system time.

Problem with that is that it's a terrible thing to do with your system resources. But if you have a good reason for this, I guess it's your call.

Maybe you should share the need/justification for this routines and someone here could point to a better solution, ie, maybe you're barking at the wrong tree on this one (unless it's a political decision).

Regards,

Sorry Kevin.

Someone asked this type of question before and the basic answer is "no".

If all you need to do is periodically display a count of records per some criteria then just write a little visual basic applet (outside of OneWorld) to do this. VB has a much better toolset for that sort of thing and wouldn't lock up OneWorld in the process.

Regards,

Back