Multiple users Developing on Windows 2003 TSE

PackJDE

Does anyone know of any issues with running multiple Developers through Windows 2003. We are currently doing this through W2k with 20 developers using their own set of specs with no issues.

Hi,

There's no problem at all, it's pretty much the same.

Consider this. A TSE is a single FAT client. Without very close monitoring, the chances of you running into each other are significant. The fact that you haven't had a problem, at least as far as you know, is irrelevant. The fact that you might is very relevant.

I'm sure about it.
I remember that since a JDE SP and TSE version, specs are stored in user's folder so that each user has his local environment.
For me, it's ok.
--> In jde.ini, the "OWDeveloper" is here to explicit saying that JDE had autorised this process.

Regards,

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sure about it.
I remember that since a JDE SP and TSE version, specs are stored in user's folder so that each user has his local environment.
For me, it's ok.
--> In jde.ini, the "OWDeveloper" is here to explicit saying that JDE had autorised this process.

Regards,

Charles

[/ QUOTE ]

Charles,

Any clue about the service pack number? The OWDEVELOPER parameter has been around for years but JDE's public position has been to use it sparingly.

I know each user has to have their own set of specs, If it works the same as 2000, then everything should be okay. This solution is "not officially supported" because of the way the setup has to be done as well as subsequent deployments. I am on 8.9, 8.94_S1. I will have to come up with a new solution on 8.11 because of Websphere. Thanks.

Hello Everyone. I'm new to using multiple developers on a TSE, so do you have a document that states how to do it. Do you need Citrix on the server or just Terminal services? I just wanted to walk through the steps or any tricks and tips.

Thanks.

I'm thinking of setting up multiple developers on a Windows 2003 TSE but I wanted to see what needs to happen make it work. Do you need to have Citrix installed or just Terminal Services? I assume I need to install JD Edwards FAT client, but I want to know how either copy make a copy of the JD Edwards folder for each user or isolate the users to use their own copy of the app.

Thanks,
Manny

Hi Probably not that much use as a response but...

A few years back the company I was working for tried to set this up and, in spite of having separate specs etc, we did encounter some problems.

Specifically, myself and the other developer found that the ER would completely disappear from UBEs that were working on. You would be in RDA, save your changes and come out of it then, when you went back in all the ER had gone (not just the latest additions but every single line). This, as you might imagine, was a little frustrating.

I suspected that this only happened when both developers tried to use RDA at the same time but, to be honest, I put more energy into shouting to get a fat client each than I did investigating the problem.

Ste

Back