Multiple potency values by lot (content of activity)

Aarto

Aarto

Reputable Poster
Hi all!

This is a pahramceutcial company that manufactures bulk, API and fininshed products. The products are sold globally and the "potency" (Content of activity) of the bulk is an important factor when issuing bulk to further processing or packaging work orders. Also, all control documents and commercial documents state the potency of product ("Content of activity")

- The content of activity varies from lot to lot
- Content of activity is denoted in different measurements ("Units of measure")
-Same product (and lot) can be sold in different countries and the Content of activity must be denoted in either EP, USP or JP

EP - European notation / measurement
USP - US notation / measurement
JP - Notation used in Japan / measurement

Currently, there is only one potency field in lot master table and this does not hold enough decimal places in order to store the required values. Therefore, F4108 has been modified to increase the size of LOTP field and to use LOT2 field to hold the "JP" Content of Activity value (EP/USP value is held in LOTP)

All this could be avoided if there was a way to maintain UoM conversion by Item/Branch/Lot but this is not possible in standard.

We are reviewing this solution as we're upgrading to 9.1 next year and i was wondering if any others are facing similar issue and how they have resolved this? I would believe this is a common problem for pharma manufacturers?

With kind regards

/Aarto

Hi

We have a similar situation where we require UOM conversion set up by lot. Did you find any solution for your problem? Please let me know.

Thanks

Hi there! Sorry to say but no, we're using some of the memo lot fields instead.. Requires some modifications in all affected programs but there was no other way to do it...
/Aarto

Back