Multiple Object Librarian Databases - Good or Bad ?

[ QUOTE ]
Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly Right. Why not fix it in production? Two reasons: the BSFN has been heavily modified in DV and cannot be promoted to PD and secondly, manager doesnt want to acknowledge making a mistake in changing the DLL in the first place.

So, like it appears, good CNC sense gets thrown out in a CYA effort.

Oracle recommends a full build on all pathcodes to completely reassign the parent DLL in all environments.

Simply doing the Full Package, in Production, after updating the table to point to CCustom - resolve the issue (no promotion is necessary).

I'll burn a bridge, for the first time this year (that I know of, anyway). I would not work for/with a PM that could not (would not) acknowledge a mistake (ESPECIALLY something this small). A Project Manager's JOB is to bring issues forward (THAT IS THEIR JOB). During a project, it is the TEAMS responsibility to DISCUSS issues and Resolve them - TOGETHER.

This is NOT a CYA issue - this is a simple under-thinking during development, that was not caught till production (till someone actually read through the Tech Document).

Just do a Full Build in Production (I bet the issue 'mysteriously' goes away!)

(db)

As I stated before, there is no reason for two OL's - and this is a typical "CYA" type decision that can completely wreck an ERP implementation. If the PM had gone ahead and made this change, the entire implementation would have become unsupportable.

Yes - running a full build will rebuild all the libraries. The issue should "go away". The developer made a relatively simple, and not totally uncommon mistake - but it will require a full build to rectify.

Back