Multiple Browser Windoe in 8.12 TR 8.96 F1

Soul Glo

Soul Glo

VIP Member
So I changed my JAS INI setting to shoe multiple browser and limit the open applications to 6, bounced the JAS server howerer the apps are not opening in seperate windows....is anyone doing this in 8.12

[ERPINTERACTIVITY]
#interactivity level. valid values are: LOW, MEDIUM, and HIGH
InteractivityLevel=HIGH
# whether multiple browsers fetch is enabled
MultipleBrowserEnabled=TRUE
# the maximum number of open browsers for each user
MaxOpenBrowsers=6
# the number of records fetched for each database fetch before getting a system warning
DBFetchLimitBeforeWarning=2000

Well I found the answer .....I guess I have to wait until 8.97

Summary:
E1: JAS: Need to launch new browser window for each application
Details: ISSUE:
I have made the following changes to the JAS.INI and bounced the services.
[OWWEB]
AppLaunchNewBrowser=TRUE
[ERPINTERACTIVITY]
MultipleBrowserEnabled=TRUE

Neither of these has changed the behavior of the web client. All applications still open in same window.
Are there more settings to change to gain this functionality?

SOLUTION:
MultipleBrowserEnabled is only valid through 8.93. As of 8.94GA, that jas.ini setting is no longer utilized. That setting determined if a launched app would display in the same window or in a new window.

The AppLaunchNewBrowser [OWWEB] jas.ini setting was only distributed as a POC for a customer in an 8.94 one-off. It is not available in 8.95 or 8.96. 8.97 has a project to implement that same functionality. That jas.ini setting and the new project will provide a mechanism so that, by default, a new browser window is opened when a user launches an application. The current process to recommend to customers is to click the "New Window" button for each new app they want in a separate window.

These reasons that JDE keep dropping and reinserting functionality like this - are any of the development team actually TALKING to customers any more ? My customer demanded multiple windows for their ERP 8.0 web implementation like 3 years ago - and it was delivered - but now its gone again - only to reappear in a future release ?

I certainly hope there was a reason to drop and reintroduce this functionality. Obviously from the look on the KG, theres no reason given !

Back