Multi-threading R09801 on E-One 9.0

Steve King

At risk of being laughed off the List, I’m forced to ask the question: Is anyone multi-threading their R09801 on a later version of OneWorld?

I’ve been around JDE for a long time, nearly 25 years, so I know the whole history of JDE’s claims (many times) to have R09801 working with more than one job running at a time. And I’ve laughed with everyone else at the poor sods who have even asked about it.

But we’re a private international company growing at an annual rate of about 10%, and so I’m being forced to pose the question. And yes, we just replaced the hardware a year ago with a “huge” (I’m not a technical) AS/400.
tongue.gif

Yes, since XE. in 8.12 I was having an issue where records were be deleted but Oracle created a SAR to fix it. The problem was a click happy user.

Hi,

R09801 (General Ledger Post) can be run multi-threaded, but you need to enforce data selection either by batch type and/or user id.

More info can be found in myoracle support:
E1: 09: FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions GA batch posting [ID 664701.1]

Hope this helps.

I know that ever since they moved from R09800 to R09801 you were supposed to be able to multi-thread. But every Finance person I've ever talked to has heard the horror stories (could be ghost stories) and has steered clear of actually doing it.

Nice to know someone's actually using it.

Thanks DownwithFescue.

Back