Multi-Currency

AteTet

We are about to implement multi-currency into our JD Edwards World A73. I have all my steps written down and wrote programs that would plug in "USD" into the current records in our master files. What I'm missing is how to automatically pick up the exchange rate and plug it into our F0015. Menu G1141 option opt 8 is the manual entry. That option would require somebody to maintain it on a regular basis. How can we automatically do it (possibly scheduled through ROBOT)? Is there a JD Edwards program that could connect to a service somewhere and download the exhange rate from it to plug into the file?

AteTet

There is no JDE program on World A7.3 that will automatically populate the exchange rates. I don't remember the details but many years ago we downloaded the exchange rates via WSJ service and wrote a custom program to upload the exchange rates into JDE. For some reason we were unable to get this to work on Sleeper so it had to be done by one of the accounting folks early in the morning. We did have a sleeper program that verified new exchange rates were in the system. If they were not a break message was sent to several users.

I assume you will run the existing program to update existing transactions with a currency code. You run the Load Domestic Currency Code program which I believe is under the advanced operations menu.

Back