MRP Performance - sometimes fast, mainly slow

AlmaS

On a good day, our MRP takes 15 minutes to run.
It seems to be taking 1-2 hours as well. This is basically the same information, being run roughly at the same time - only 2 users on the server. Any thoughts as to why it can be so inconsistent.

Thank you,
Alma
One World B733.2/upgrading to 8.10

Alma,

let me guess.
You're running in net change mode vs full regen, and the days it runs real slow the Lead Time Rollup UBE (R30822/R30822A) has been run, right?

R30822 touches the change flag on every Item Branch record - regardless of whether the Lead Time actually changed or not - causing MRP in Net Change mode to be equivalent to a full regen.

Of course there are other possible reasons/factors - but thats my first guess.

Regards,

We have noticed that the time taken to delete the table F3413 can vary wildly
- from a minute to an hour and a half.

Regards,

James

Hi Larry,

We are running a full MRP regeneration everyday.
Leadtime roll up runs nightly 1x per week.
The full MRP regeneration can take 10 minutes - 2 hours.
I'm baffled by the inconsistency. It runs the same time everyday?

Thanks for your advice,
Alma

Re: RE: MRP Performance - sometimes fast, mainly slow

Hi James,

I have tried clearing the F3411, F3412 & F3413 to no avail.
We have a SQL expert coming in to look at our database? I'm hoping it's that simple.

Thank you,
Alma

Is this happening in 810? Are u running SQL? If so, there is a memory leak issue when R3482 runs. We experienced this when we went live on 810. PSFT does not have a fix for this...yet. We start enterprise manager every night after R3482 start and has cleared the tables.

Hi S,

We are currently experiencing the inconsistent and long MRP run in B733.2.
I am now also suspecting a memory leak. I saw some notes in SAR 6490944. I couldn't find a SAR for B733.2 nor 8.10. (We are currently upgrading to 8.10.)

We have an SQL expert on site, who hasn't found any abnormailities yet. We'll have to wait for the logs.

Thanks for your advice,
Alma

Back