MRP and Item Branch Quantities

jamesdean

Hello,

Wonder if anyone can help me on this cool, but sunny Wednesday morning....

I am currently tidying up the MRP data following our go live this July with JDe OneWorld Xe v7333. There are 7 quantity field that JDE offer to add improved flexibility and control when using Order Policy 1 - Lot for Lot. They are found by a Row Exit called QUANTITIES from the Item Branch.

They are:

**Reorder Quantity
Maximum Reorder Qty
Minimum Reorder Qty
**Reorder Point
Multiple Order Quantity
**Units Per Container
Safety Stock

There are three field here I do not fully understand...

**Reorder Quantity
**Reorder Point
**Units Per Container

the manual is not too clear on these. I'd be very grateful if someone could explain them to me in a bit more detail please.

many thanks

Jimmy
www.logisticssupport.co.uk

I think you are just looking in the wrong place in the Manuals. Check out the Procurement Manual for PO Generator and the Re-Order Point System. The first two field you mention are NOT used by MRP. They are used by Purchasing Re-Order Point. The simplistic version of this is that once Inventory On Hand falls below the "Reorder Point" then the PO Generator creates a PO for the "Reorder Quantity".

In reality there is a White Paper you need to read about this. If you don't have it then let me know and I can attach it here to the 'List. The function of the PO Generator is actually far more sophisticated that this simplistic explanation suggests. It behaves in all kinds of strange ways dependent upon other settings such as the Order Policy Code. So, do some research first. But, if you are using MRP to create PO's then you can ignore these two fields.

As for "Units Per Container" just ignore this. This is not used for any purpose whatsoever really. It is a legacy from WorldSoftware. In theory it is meant to be used to calculate Kanban Cards or the Nbr of Shop Packets to print out but I have not see it used for either. It's use borders upon the mythical. It is a disused backwater of the system.

Jimmy,

Here's a doc from the KG which explains more about these fields and they way they relate to te PO generator (it's probably the same doc refered to by Mark). Hopefully means more to you than it does to me!

Happy reading

Neil.

Attachments

• 80379-Purchase Order Generator (P43011).doc
    671.5 KB · Views: 601
Back