Missing Sales Order Records

aggieamy

Since a recent upgrade to 8.9, we have had continuous problems with sales order records going missing. We use the P4210 order entry program. The order entry screen is displayed detail first (header at the top, detail at the bottom). The order acceptance "Place Order" screen is turned on in the processing options.

A user goes through the typical process of entering the order - entering header information and entering line items with quantity, pricing, and requested date, etc. The order acceptance screen is displayed successfully and they click Place Order. Everything seems fine until they try to inquire on or edit the order.

I have seen the following happen:
1. F4201 record is missing so the order cannot be edited on the detail revisions screen.
2. 1 or more F4211 record(s) are missing. The F4201 is there.
3. No F4211 or F4201 records are created, but 1 or more F42199 (sales ledger) records is created.
4. No F4211, F4201, or F42199 records are created, but if the line type was a W, a work order is created on the F4801.

Has anyone experienced such a problem?

Thanks,
Amy

Amy,

We have 8.9 and have not seen your specific issues (although we have seen many others!).

1. Please always include your configuration in your posts so we don't waste time asking for it.
2. Are you using Web, Terminal Server, or Fat Clients? If a mix have you tested in all?
3. Have you applied any ESUs after the base 8.9 install? There are a number of fixes to Sales Order Processing.
4. Are your Sales Order Master BSFNS mapped to an Enterprise/Application server? If yes check for:
a) incomplete mappings
b) hung or cancelled threads/processes - check your logs
5. Have you customized any part of the process. If yes, can you duplicate the problem in the Pristine environment?

Hi Amy

Please, tell us your hardware, software and environment.

Another thing did you see where the MBFs are running?

Boccia

To answer your questions:

1. Please always include your configuration in your posts so we don't waste time asking for it.

EnterpriseOne 8.9 Tools Release 8.93_E1, HP-UX 11i, Oracle 9.2.0.4
Citrix MetaFrame XP 1.0 FR3/SP3 on Windows 2000 SP4

2. Are you using Web, Terminal Server, or Fat Clients? If a mix have you tested in all?

TSE and fat clients. Works perfectly anywhere that I try it.

3. Have you applied any ESUs after the base 8.9 install? There are a number of fixes to Sales Order Processing.

Yes, the latest ESU applied for P4210 was ESU 1854 from 05/25/04.

4. Are your Sales Order Master BSFNS mapped to an Enterprise/Application server? If yes check for:
a) incomplete mappings
b) hung or cancelled threads/processes - check your logs

a) We do not map any Master BSFNS to an Enterprise/Application server. We did this with Xe but dumped the concept a couple of months before the 8.9 upgrade. All BSFN's with the exception of some for Vertex run locally. Besides, we could potentially see it on more transactions if it were a mapping issue. It only happens occassionally for random users.

b) Which logs are you referring to?

5. Have you customized any part of the process. If yes, can you duplicate the problem in the Pristine environment?

We have made a customization to the P4210. I cannot duplicate the problem anywhere. Not in Pristine or our test environments that contain the customizations. Again, it always works perfectly for me. I have tried to run a debug log on users who seem to have the problem more frequently in production. I have not been able to capture a log file when the problem actually occurs. It works perfectly when we've tried to capture a debug.

Thanks,
Amy

Amy,

you state "TSE and fat clients. Works perfectly anywhere that I try it."
More important is to know what type of client the problem behavior is occurring in. Both or only TSE or ?

As far as the logs go if your BSFNs are all mapped local then really the only option is the JDE.log.

One suggestion I have is to put a database (not E1) table trigger on F4201 and F4211 that logs all I-O to these tables in a new table - or you could use Oracle's Log Miner to do the same thing. The idea being to look to see if the entries are being inserted into the tables and then deleted or perhaps key values (such as DOCO) are being changed.

Does the Sales Ledger table (F42199) show any entries for the missing lines?

Good Luck,

I find some customer uses B7332 or XE, usually find when you ship the order, the record in F41021 is refreshed and F4111 not be refreshed.
like above, these question are only happened on 1%-2%,when run more than 1000 transaction,
Do others have met these issue? How do you to solved?

Pony,

your issue is not the same as Amy's. Please start a new thread.
Very briefly though the behavior you've observed is normal in E1's inventory transaction processing due to an architectural problem in how they've (JDE) setup transaction boundaries. The partial updates occur and are not rolled back when the software hangs, crashes, etc. This stuff has been discussed before on the forums.

Larry,
The problem happens on TSE. It has been very difficult to look at a log. Most users are reporting the problem well after the fact. I can only insist that they tell us immediately so that we can take a look at their jde.log.

Thank you for the suggestion of the Oracle table trigger. I will run it by our DBAs to see if it is something we might be able to try.

Sometimes the F42199 shows entries for the missing lines. Sometimes it does not. Sometimes the only trace of any order are entries in the F42150 and F42160 commissions tables.

It has also been suggested that we apply the latest ESU PF2396 for P4210. We were holding off on applying this but we will probably go ahead with it and see if it resolves the problem. This ESU is supposed to have a SAR for an issue that affects only Citrix clients. When a rollback occurs, sometimes multiple sessions are affected on the same Citrix server due to improper handling of the database drivers. It will probably be a while before we have this monster ESU (220 objects) tested and into production.

Thanks,
Amy

Sales order is missing after entering the order

from JDE 9.0 system?

Last edited:
Back