Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - anyone using it

joed

Just curious - is anyone using JDE with Microsoft SQL Server 2005? Any problems/issues?

We will be replacing our SQL Server server soon and were toying with the idea of using SQL 2005 instead of SQL 2000. We are using E1 8.0.

SQL Server 2005 bring many enhancements especially concerning how binary data are handled and new data types.
These changes may cause problems with JDE and its binary - specs, processing options, reports...

The very positive point is SQL server can emulate SQLServer 2000 for compatibility with older applications, just a E1 8.0

Working with express version and a standalone 8.12. I've got a lot a trouble specially with data format.
Seems than 2005 is not supported yet.

Is your instance of sqlserver 2005 express running in 2000 compatibility mode ?
I'm not sure express edition support it.

I posted yet another request for SQL 2005 support with EnterpriseOne.

Anyone know what the cutoff from Microsoft would be for support of SQL 2000 ?

here is the response. Its annoying how long they're dragging their feet over this :

[ QUOTE ]

Hi Jonathan:

As I mentioned in my voice message, support for SQL Server 2005 is still under review by our developers, and is yet to be supported or listed in MTRs. They are targeting support for early next year with the latest releases of Xe/ERP and the 8.9 tools releases. This is the most current information available. When support is provided for SQL Server 2005, customers will be notified and MTRs will be updated. Please let me know if I can provide any additional information. Have a good day.

Thank You,

xxxxxxxx
7700 Technology Way
Denver, CO 80237

[/ QUOTE ]

Back