Memory Violation with Insert Statement

Gov

Hi,

Memory violation is occuring while doing Table I/O Insert. This is happenning every time.

Scenario:

I am working with Find/ Browse. When ever the user selects a record to delete it, it should be copied to ledger file before delete. I have used table I/O Insert prior to Delete (using Table I/O) it. When ever I tried to delete a record it is causing memory violation at inserting record to ledger file. This I noticed while doing debugging.

Can you please suggest me a solution to work it out.

Hi Gov,

Please, a bit more info. Thanks.

Q1.) What is the release you are working on (you have three in your signature)?
Q2.) In which event do you try to insert to your ledger?
Q3.) How do you delete the record? Using the standard Delete functionality of Fib/Browse or do you issue a Delete Table I/O? (In second case, in which event do you do that?)

Read you later,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltán,

[ QUOTE ]
Q1.) What is the release you are working on (you have three in your signature)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am currently working on B7334

[ QUOTE ]
Q2.) In which event do you try to insert to your ledger?

[/ QUOTE ]

in the event ' delete grid record verify - after'

[ QUOTE ]
Q3.) How do you delete the record? Using the standard Delete functionality of Fib/Browse or do you issue a Delete Table I/O? (In second case, in which event do you do that?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I am using Table I/O Delete. The reason is I have 3 tables in my business view and need to delete only in one. So I suppressed the standard functionality and using Table I/O delete.

Hi Gov,

Some further questions:

Q4.) In which event do you Suppress Delete?
Q5.) Do the Delete and Insert happen in the same event?
Q6.) Does your BSVW contain the ledger tabble, where do you want to Insert?
Note: would be great to attach the ERs.
Q7.) Have you already tried the well known 6 spec files?

...and now, just a shot in the dark:
Open both table before delete, insert and close them after these actions.

Regards,
Zoltán

Hi Zoltán,

I have attached the code that I have in 'Delete grid record verify - after' and also please find anwers to your questions below,

A4) In the event 'Delete grid record verify - after'

A5) Yes

A6) No

A7)Yes

And I have a doubt regarding opening tables (I guess you are talking about Table I/O OPEN statement) and closing. Does this create any issue to others who whould like to transact with these tables (before we close) if we have open them in our code ?

Attachments

• 110927-ERcode.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 99
Hi Gov,

Yes, I talked about the Open/Close Table I/O statements.
Very poor the documentation of these statements
crazy.gif
, but I suppose, this won't create any issue for you. As far as I know, this will open a new cursor (or handle, anchor) for the subsequent Table I/O.

On the other hand, which Insert causes the problem - you have 4 Insert in your ER?

Just try to open all effected table at the very beginning of the event and close all at the very end of event - and let's see, does it help, or not?

Read you later,

Zoltán

Hi Zoltan,

I had the problem with F5542119.Insert statement. This was identified while debugging. I will try using Open and Close, and I will let you know the result.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Gov this is Prudhvi from BtoB...

I also experienced with the same problem while i tried to insert into some table in RMA Report.. Then i tried on another system there it's working fine.. so if u have any chance to work on another system try there.Or delete that insert statement and write it again. It may solve that problem.i am not sure

Thanks Prudvi and Zoltan!!

This worked when I tookoff the statement and had the new one. I dont know what makes it worked. Could be the previous one corrupted.

Once again thanks to Zoltan and Prudvi.

Zoltan,

Is there a chance to get documentation on these table I/O's. I have verified this in teh JDE standard documention and expecting more

Back