Media Objects Path Not Correct

Matt2k5

When we add a media object with html it stores the path to the deployment server for the .PDF. When we do it with the fat client it stores the local path in the F00165 file ie C:\file.pdf. Then when someone on another computer tries to open the attachment they can not bring it up. Is there a way to change how this is working so that users on other computers can view the attachments?
We are on OW 4.2

Hi Matt,

[ QUOTE ]
We are on OW 4.2

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a very old release, so sorry - my experience started with B7321.
cool.gif

I am not a CNC guy, but as far as I know (at least on XE) there is an APPL P98MOQUE where you can set the path.
If there is a "C:\" rooted path, then it will point always to the local disk of the running machine (fat client?)

Generally MOs are stored on a file server and the path are set as a server path starting with "\\".

Please, check the settings in the mentioned APPL - if it is already exist in your OLD 4.2 release.
cool.gif

Regards,

Zoltán

Matt,

Have a look at the media object queues (P98MOQUE). One of the Media Object Queues holds the path, but I can't remember which one.

Thanks been looking there. Can you send me the quees that you have set up. I think we are missing one.

Matt,

I am working with E1 8.11 sp1, which is quite different to B7333. If you have a pristine environment have a look there. I don't know if another set of media object queues are held separately in the planner environment (on the deployment server only), if so you might look there too. Otherwise, there are a number of JDEList members who are working with B7333 or Xe that may be able to help.

Your problem is a result of the fact that there are multiple ways a user can attach media objects. Play with it on your release level and find out how each method works. Then document this and show/train users which method(s) produce the desired results and which don't.

Back