• Welcome to the upgraded JDELIST forum and thank you for your patience.
    Please restrict discussions and issues regarding the new forum software to the Off Topic forum. We will be monitoring that forum for issues.
    If you have trouble logging in, please reset your password using the forgotten password form: https://www.jdelist.com/community/index.php?lost-password/
    If you are unable to successfully reset your password, please contact us: Click here!
    We hope that you enjoy the upgraded forum.
  • Introducing Dark Mode! Switch by clicking on the lightbulb icon next to Search or by clicking on Default style at the bottom left of the page!

Media Object Text Attachment in Chrome

Hi All,

We can see the Media Object Text attachment in IE but not in Chrome. From what I know this is a known issue, but is there a way/setting that can enable seeing it in Chrome. We are using JDE 9.1
 
The media object viewer and import/export from grid uses the ActiveX controls jdeexpimpU.cab and jdewebctlsU.cab, which only work in IE.
 
Hi

For Media Object (Text), you can disable ActiveX in the JAS settings. If you do that MO will be stored in HTML and you will be able to retrieve them with IE, Firefox and Chrome

Regards
 
We had a similar issue where things look wonky at times in other browsers than IE , so internally out IT and networking team have done is , when they open JDE link it automatically opens in IE .Some kind of a browser override .
 

rival

Member
Converting MO attachments when you have special characters in it is not working. Online conversion fails and also batch conversion fails. There is a document how to convert when you have a special codepage but that is not easy and requires a windows machine with linux subkernel and fat client installed. Unbelievable Oracle make it that difficult for customers to stop using active X.
 

Larry_Jones

Member
Here's an alternative:

using third party tools ETL your MO Text into plain text then insert direct into F00165.

There's a bit more to it than that but we've done it.
 

Larry_Jones

Member
Here's some text from a presentation I did:

TEXT CONVERSION LESSONS LEARNED

1. & (frequently used in place of ‘and’) in MO Text converted to &amp, &nbsp, which weren’t handled by UBE MO functions.
We reported this as an issue to Oracle and eventually obtained a fix. This was unknown until after go-live. Bug # 29313018, fix is in TR 9.2.3.3

2. We knew the Text Conversion program created double spacing and had communicated this to users. However once users saw printouts double and triple in size we had to come up with a solution – fast!.

3. 13% of Text Media Objects not converted by P98MOHTM. That’s 13% of 900,000 attachments.

Lesson Learned: If we had to do it all over again we probably wouldn’t use Oracle’s Text Conversion (P98MOHTM) at all.


How we Fixed Our MO Text
1. A SQL DB Function that converted the F00165 binary values to text
2. A SQL DB View that used the above function to provide a view of F00165 Text Media Objects
3. A SQL DB Stored Procedure that accepts Text and updates a specific F00165 entry with the binary equivalent.
4. A Crystal Report used as a ETL tool that
- Read the original F00165 text using the above view
- Presented the text as plain text but with correct vertical and horizontal spacing.
- Transformed the RTF line breaks \par + CHR(13) to \<br>
- Created a SQL Statement that executed the Stored Procedure above passing the Key Fields and the modified Plain text
- Pasted the output SQL file from Crystal into SSMS and executed it

Here's a sample SQL:
EXECUTE JDE_MO_TEXT_UPDATE 'GT4101', '108670', 1, N'THIS BOM INCLUDES A FILTER, 106748, THAT IS OBSOLETE.<br>THE OIL REGULATOR THAT THIS FILTER WAS ASSEMBLED INTO<br>NOW COMES WITH THIS FILTER AS PART OF THE REGULATOR<br>ASSEMBLY, 139616. 3-18-15 BSC<br>';
 
Top