'Media object save' creating multiple text attachments

jde321

\'Media object save\' creating multiple text attachments

Hi,

I have a media object on a power edit form. The media object is based on a partial key - Out of three columns in the primary key it takes only two. I am using the
Media Object Structures (GTXXXX,Default Media Object,<EDIT>,FC status,key 1, key2) to load in 'post dialog'... and on 'OK click' the save option with this system function.
The problem is, if the default text attachment is blank then every time OK button is clicked (record is updated) another text attachment is added/saved. If the user enters text for the first time itself then it is working fine. The problem is only when the attachment is blank.

any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Rahul
E1 8.12, SQL 2003, Winows XP

Re: \'Media object save\' creating multiple text attachments

Rahul,

Here is a possible suggestion. After the media object is saved, retrieve it and if it is blank, delete it. I'm not sure of the functions involved, but I think that can be done. However there is quite likely a better way do achieve you aim. Someone with experience with 8.12 may be able to provide it. My experience is with Xe mostly and a little and growing with 8.11.

Re: \'Media object save\' creating multiple text attachments

Here is an observation.
everytime 'Media Object Structure' system function is used with <EDIT> option to load existing attachments, if the attachment was untouched when saved first time then somehow another attachment is added/displayed (Text1,Text2). If there is text then, behaves normally. I don't remember of this happening in earlier versions.
anyway, i got a workaround for my program but was wondering why this should happen at all?

thanks,
rahul
E1 8.12, SQL Server 2003, Win XP

Back