Maximo and JDE

nanda_raote

Has anyone any experience of interfacing between Maximo and JDE? We are planning to link Maximo 4.1.1 with JDE A7.3 using the MEA and MQ Series for messaging and are looking for any off-the-shelf components that might help to minimise custom development.

Many thanks for any help.
Nanda Raote

Hi Nanda,
although I have not interfaced JDE/Maximo I was involved in an assessment which this formed part.

The conculsion we reached with this client was that Plant/Planning/Inventory and a small bit of MS Project was as good (if not better!!) than integration. Key reason was that spares could be planned as part of the main production cycle.

Have you thought about this route ?

Warm regards

Peter

Hi Nanda

Having done this a few years ago, I took the approach that the ERP system does not really need to keep all the maintenance items (spare parts, etc) as this requires a lot of data maintenance.

So instead the spares are kept in Maximo - infact we did most things in Maximo - with a few major exceptions. Firstly we we interfaced any Purchase orders generated by maximo so that they were actually processed by JDE. Secondly we interfaced receipts so that RNV records were created in JDE. This then allowed us to pay suppliers from JDe and have a coherent AP system. The final piece of the jigsaw was to create a one-off reversing journal at month end equal to the value of the "spare parts" in Maximo, so that the balance sheet in JDE was correct and the accountants didn't get any surprises

In summary, let Maximo manage what it is good at, but do the payments out of JDE

Back