Math Numeric to String Convert

jdedev

2nd Update. The advice from jmasteller has solved my problem.

Many thanks for the advice so far.
Zoltan - System configuration is XE SP 18 Update package 3 NT Server.
Specific problem is when focused on String field in BSFN data structure I cannot select the string I want to populate as no variables show. When focused on the math Numeric field I see all Math Numeric variables. I noticed it was not showing me string variables when I looked at the other data manipulation BSFN's as well.

I was using Math Numeric to String, Convert BSFN in B733 but
having no joy in XE........for that matter none of the data manipulations in XE seem to be working .
Any information appreciated.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by jdedev on 2/13/02 01:53 AM.</FONT></P>

Of the four bsfns that convert numeric
to string, I've always used B0800001
(Math numeric to string). This one
allows the sign, include decimal point,
number before and after the decimals.

I remember which one it is by qbe'ing
on *tring* and *umeric*, and it's
the bottom one on the returned search/select
(at least on my settings).

Gene Piekarski, Jr

AS/400, B733, SP11.2, NT client
AS/400, B733, SP14, W2000 client
XE, SP15.1

Hi "jdedev",

First of all, welcome to the JDEList Forums!

Your issue is too general without any concrete information helping us to help you.

Please, describe your problem a bit detailed, making easier to help you.

Also would be nice of you to include your system configuration information into your post as well as a salutation name of you.

Read you later,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

I don't know about your specific problem, but we have had problems with this in the past. We have a work around if you are trying to perform this within an Event Rule. If you create a string variable in ER, you can use the concat function to concatenate the mathnumeric variable with a NULL value "". It would look something like szStringVariable=concat(mnMathNumericVariable,""). We have used this many times and it seems to be working fine.

Good luck,

XE, SP18, AS/400 Enterprise Server, Citrix

Hi "jmasteller",

Yes, your solution works, but the "concat" function is not necessary.
It is just enough to create the assingment through the Expression manager of the ER Editor instead of a "simple" assignment. It would look something like

szStringVariable=[mnMathNumericVariable]

The square brackets around the right operand indicate that this is an "expression" assignment instead of a "direct" assignment.

On the other hand, many other type conversions work using experssion manager assignments.

Regards,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Back