"Mass" Bin Location Changes

ssolberg

VIP Member
\"Mass\" Bin Location Changes

I've got the rotten task of trying to simplify "bin changes" in our inventory processes. We are not a manufacturer and do not use Advanced Warehousing; just plain 'ol Sales/Purchasing/Inventory. We are also not using the Location Master (F4100 I think) file because they don't seem to get any extra's by using it. They "problem" is that the Inventory Mgr's at each of our 10 branches HATE how location (bin) changes are done.

Currently, if a bin location is to occur, they essentially just do a inventory transfer from one bin to the other and change the new bin to be the Primary. "This takes too long". Apparently it is often that they move parts from bin to bin and technically we never have and secondary bin locations in our warehouses. They just move the parts because they don't fit in the bin anymore...

Which finally brings me to the question. Is there an easier way to do location changes?? The "bad" thing that continues to happen as well is that if a part was on an open SO or an open PO when it was moved, then they also want those detail records to reflect the new location. If not, when the receive the part on the PO, it goes back in the "old" bin location because that is where you ordered it into. It goes another step as well. Let's say they want to move all parts that are in "A1" (multiple part #'s) to "X1". Is that possible too?? I can probably write a custom utility to do something but quite afraid I'll miss a file or something. Anyone been down this road?

Back