Margin Hold

Jessica88

Well Known Member
Hi there ,

How does Margin Hold on a Sales Order work ? If I say for instance, that a margin hold should be applied on a sales order from a branch plant whenever the margin % is not between 10 and 20 %, is JDE going to calculate the average margin % of all lines in the sales order ?

Grateful if you could help.

Thanks,
Jessica.

When you set up the Margin Hold Code you define whether its to apply to the whole order or the line

Field CTYP is defined as

A code that determines whether the hold code applies to an individual line within an order (L) or the order as a whole (O). For credit holds, the hold code applies to the whole order. For margin holds, you can apply the hold code to a line or the whole order .

Dear Gareth,

Does that mean that if the option (O) is used so that the margin hold is applied to the whole order, the order goes on hold as long as one of the line items in that order does not fall under a range as defined in P42090 . My point is on how basis does it apply the hold , is it when the margin hold for 1 line item does not satisfy the requirement or does it take an average for the margin % then determine if it does not fall under the range as defined in P42090.

Thanks,
Jessica.

Hi Jessica

I can only speak from a World Perspective..... Not sure what happens in One World.....

In World JDE Sales order Holds only work on the Order...... So if a hold applies, the whole order will go on Hold......

There are two processing options in the P4211 27 and 28 (I think) where you sepecify the Code to Hold the Order for Order and Line Margin Checking.

If Processing Option 27 (Order Margin) is set then if the margin for the whole order is outside the tolerance as defined by the code, then the wole Order will go on Hold...

If Processing Option 28 (Line margin) is set, then if ANY line on the order is outside the tolerance as specified by the code the whole order will go on hold.....

Hope this helps....

Regards
Gareth Jones

Hi Jessica

I can only speak from a World Perspective..... Not sure what happens in One World.....

In World JDE Sales order Holds only work on the Order...... So if a hold applies the whole order
will go on Hold......

There are two processing options in the P4211 27 and 28 (I think) where you specify the Code to Hold
the Order for Order and Line Margin Checking.

If Processing Option 27 (Order Margin) is set then if the margin for the whole order is outside the
tolerance as defined by the code, then the whole Order will go on Hold...

If Processing Option 28 (Line margin) is set, then if ANY line on the order is outside the tolerance
as specified by the code the whole order will go on hold.....

Hope this helps....

Regards
Gareth Jones
Core Systems Competence Centre
Total UK Ltd
Tel No: 01923 69 3625
Fax 01923 694477
email [email protected]

(Embedded image moved to file: pic05002.jpg)

Jessica88
<55raoulrivet@int To: [email protected]
net.mu> cc:
Sent by: Subject: Re: Margin Hold
jdeapps-bounces@j
delist.com

16/12/2003 10:41
Please respond to
JDELIST
Applications
Discussions

Jessica88 replied to your post at the site: .
http://www.jdelist.com/ubb/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=Apps&Number=65433

Dear Gareth,Does that mean that if the option (O) is used so that the margin hold is applied to the
whole order, the order goes on hold as long as one of the line items in that order does not fall
under a range as defined in P42090 . My point is on how basis does it apply the hold , is it when
the margin hold for 1 line item does not satisfy the requirement or does it take an average for the
margin % then determine if it does not fall under the range as defined in P42090.Thanks,Jessica.

World A7.3 Cum 10

Back