Maintenance Work Orders - Bulk Editing?

Yochana

Hi,

I am very new to One World, having only been introduced to it in my new job at a Hospital here in New Zealand, and am hoping that someone here might be able to help streamline my job somewhat. Part of what I am required to do is to change information on Maintenance Work Orders that have been created, this information being the Completed Date, the Status, and the Assigned To. I frequently have quite a number of MWO's (Maintenance Work Orders) which require the same information to be changed/entered and at this time have to open each MWO and change it individually. As well as this, I am often having to change information in the Equipment Master for individual Asset Numbers one by one, even though the information I am changing for each is identical. So, what I am hoping to find is a script or addon to One World that will allow me to change information for MWO's and/or Asset Numbers in bulk, rather than by opening each one individually. Can anyone here assist me with this, or does anyone know of something that would provide me with what I need?

Many, many thanks, and I apologise in advance if what I have requested does not make much sense.............

Regards,
Yochana

Hi Yochana

You could speak with your developers to create to an input enabled grid so that you can update multiple records on one screen.

Thanks for the reply, Lawrence, but here's where I show my complete lack of knowledge where One World is concerned - I kinda thought that JD Edwards were the Developers? Maybe I need to gain a better understanding of exactly what kind of software One World actually is, so if you think you might be able to help with that, it would be most appreciated. And it might also be best to put it into 'complete newbie' terms :)

Thanks!

HI Yochana

JDEdwards develop the applications and reports (objects) that you use on a day to day basis. As part of the OneWorld package a company recieves the developement tools enabling the company to make its own custom changes to existing objects or to create brand new custom objects.

I recommend you have a chat with your IT department to identify their policy on system modification / enhancements.

I hope this helps

The Work Order Print program has a processing option to allow you to change the work order status in bulk. If your work order activity rules are correctly set, this will also populate the completion date on the work order. Unfortunately, there is no convenient way to update the assigned to field en masse.

As for the equipment master, look at the Asset transfers program R12108. The Responsible Business Unit, Location, and Category Codes 1-23 can be updated using this program without transferring assets.

Back