Machine Specific Application Customizations

at1108

Hi,

It appears to be the case that one of our users has had some customization made to their actual machine. Through ALL applications, they see a different field in place of another that the rest of the users see. Specifically, wherever most users see the Address Line 1, this user sees Address Line 2. My initial thought was that they simply were looking at a different form version, but there is only one version of every form that seems to have been affected. I am at a loss. Of course, the person who made this happen has since gone on to greener pastures... It's almost as though there is a synonym of some sort set up on this users machine.

Has anyone out there seen this before (or better still - done this before???).

Thank you!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by at1108 on 12/13/01 06:28 AM.</FONT></P>

Hi,

Would be relevant to know some other information:

1.) Is it User or Workstation dependent?
2.) Are the Parh Codes identical?
3.) At last but not least, what is your system configuration?

How to investigate the difference(s) depends very much on your answers.

Read you later,

Zoltán
P.S.: Would you insert a nick name of you?

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Hi Zoltan,

Thanks for the reply...

This is machine dependent. In fact, the user remembers the old admin actually doing something on her machine that made this happen.

The Path Codes are the same.

We are running 73.2 of OneWorld on an NT/Sql Server platform.

Hope this helps you help me!

Thanks,
Ann

Hi Ann,

Thanks for the update.
I suppose, you want to figure out the difference(s), am I right?

Since you are on B732, my hints are the following:

1.) Check-Out the APPL to an other machine and examine that how does this behave. Let us suppose for the following, you won't detect this "speciality".
2.) Print the Event Rules at APPL level and in fully detailed mode on this machine from FDA into a text file.
3.) If the APPL isn't checked out on the "special" machine then create a "fake check-out" for it.
4.) Print the Event Rules at APPL level and in fully detailed mode on this machine too from FDA into an other file.
5.) Compare the two text file with any file compare tool to find the differences.

Since you are on B732, maybe you haven't a direct choice to print ER into a file. If you have problem how to do it then let us know.
Please, let us know also, if you need help for creating fake check-out in Object Librarian.

Read you later,

Zoltán

B7332 SP11, ESU 4116422, Intel NT4, SQL 7 SP1
(working with B7321, B7331, XE too)

Why not uninstall and re-install? unless you have already tried this of course ...

Larry Jones
[email protected]
OneWorld XE, SP 15.1
HPUX 11, Oracle SE 8.1.6
Mfg, Distribution, Financials

Well, the ironic thing is that I want what is happening on the one machine to happen on one other (but not on all). It's good that this machine is doing what it's doing. I just want to understand it so that I can reproduce it.

Back