Lot Serial Number to Primary Location

swapnilo

Hello,

I need to know how to prevent any lot Serial number
and quantity from being assigned to primary location.
There had been a few cases where in the lotserial
number was allocated to the primary location as a
result of which all quantities for the subsequent
receipts were being added to the primary location
quantity.

Can somebody give a solution at the earliest.

Thanks & Regards

Swapnil Ovalekar

I'm not sure what you are asking. You can't create a lot as the primary location when you receive or produce product. The only way to make a lot location record the primary location is to go to location revisions from the P41026 and then highlight the lot location and select change to primary.

Could you provide more information on what you are trying to accomplish?

Hello,
Have you tried setting mix-items/ lots to a value of 1 for the blank location? This seems to work even if you are working without location control.
You also need to ensure that when new Branch plant records are created, that the blank location is used for the primary. This is procedural, and there is no way within the software to insist that the primary location is always the blank location. Please let me know if this does the trick,
Mike.

Hello Mr.Mike,

Thanks for your input. However, even by setting mix-items/ lots to a value of 1 for the blank location, I was not able from preventing quantity and lot serial no. to primary location. Is there any other method?

Thanks and regards

Swapnil

Hello Mr.Brian Freund,

Thanks for your reply and Apologies for not replying immediately. It has actually happened that for some of the items lot serial number and quantity was assigned to primary location during the first receipt/adjustment. I am unable to solve this problem. Any idea how this must have happened?

Thanks and regards

Swapnil

Hi There
This could happen if you have location control turned OFF and have no locations set up for the item/branch (not even a primary location)

If the new item/branch registration process is not completed correctly, an item/branch can be created without a primary location.
In this case, the first time goods are received, the primary location is automatically created.
You can check the item ledger for IB records "Location Add" to verify this..

Regards..

Back