Lock on Cursor on SQL 2005

We did several things and haven't had any F00022 locks since:
- install SP2 including the microsoft hotfixes
- create weekly maintenance of indexes, statistics and database files
- perform active monitoring to prevent Long Running Queries (LRQ), based on information from Frank McBath's blog and SQL Server workshop

I can remember that we still had some sporadic locks after the SP2 install, but it gradually got better the more db administration we did

Hope this helps...

My solution is to "pin" this table (or "cache" it in Oracle) - works every time.

Hi. I'm a developer. We are experiencing SQL blocking with one of my custom reports. I don't think it's an issue with my code since it does not happen all the time.

What is the significance of ConnectionPooling=0 setting?

We have applied SQL SP2.

Thanks.

Well, I don't see a good way of paraphrasing this, so to quote directly from Oracle Doc ID 638897.1, "This setting will turn on/off ODBC connection pool at the Microsoft ODBC level ... Connection pooling enables an ODBC application (such as EnterpriseOne) to reuse a connection from a pool of connections." More information may be read at Microsoft's Knowledge Base (MS KB 169470).

By the way, the minimum technical requirements (MTRs) say that you should have at least Cumulative Update 6 to go with SQL 2005 SP2. This fixes several issues that users on this site have reported. SQL 2005 SP2 is currently at Cumulative Update 17. SQL 2005 SP3 is also supported, with whatever the latest Cumulative Update is for that (7 as of the middle of December).

You're supposed to be at a minimum of Tools Release 8.96.2 for this, so you're OK.

Back