LOCK MANAGER

coljp

Well Known Member
Hi list,

Anyone Have documentation from LOCK MANAGER? I need to install this service in my company.
thank,

In Spanish,

Hola todos, Alguien tiene documentacion acerca de la implementacion del servicio de LOCK MANAGER, necesito implementarlo en mi organizacion.
gracias,

ERP8, sp22, SQL2000

Before you turn on Lock Manager, you should make sure that is what you really want to do. My understanding is that Lock Manager is being phased out and a lot of the things it was used for in the past has been implemented into the applications. I would check with Response Line before using Lock Manager.

Here is some documentation I got wehn we tried it. It is a real pain to implement. Not only do you have to change the JDE.INI file on your enterprise sever, you have to change ALL the JDE.INI files on all of your CITRIX servers and FAT clients. A real coordination nightmare!

Here also are some comments from the Peoplesoft help desk that I received when I inquired about Lock Manager:

----------------------------------------------------------

Below you find a brief explanation of Lock Manager:

Lock Manager is a functionality within OneWorld® that assists with data integrity. Lock Manager timestamps the results of a "select" statement, and then checks to make sure that the record has not been altered when an update is done against that record. If the record has been updated between the select and the actual update, a warning message is popped up on the screen to the user. Performance can be negatively impacted because of the additional processing that is done to verify the timestamps and make sure that a record is still in the state it was when the select was done. Lock Manager is set through jde.ini settings.

Transaction processing is how an application is coded to handle commits and rollbacks. The application programmers choose whether to use auto commits after each I/O, or buffer for manual commits. This is done at the application level, and cannot be controlled through jde.ini settings.

-----------------------------------------------

I hope the attachment comes through OK. It is a PDF document that I scanned from the original I received. I also wish you luck. We did not implement becase after testing we found that it did not perform as expected.

Attachments

• 93884-lock manager.PDF
    489.7 KB · Views: 331
Hi, this document is perfect, thanks.

A question: The Enterprise Server is Security Server and Lock Manager, It´s posible, It´s optimo?

Thanks,

In Spanish:
Hola todos,
tengo Una inquietud: Es recomendable que el Enterprise Server haga las funciones de Lock Manager y de Security Server?

gracias,

ERP8, Sp22, SQL2000

I'm not sure if I understand your last but qiestion, but here goes-- Our enterprise server and security server are on the same box, and AS400. That is also where you have to make the modifications to the JDE.INI file. Don't forget about all your CITRIX and FAT clients!

ok, my question is:
In the JDE.ini of My Enterprise Server I can write this:?

[LOCK MANAGER]
Server=P03ERP
AvailableService=TS

[SECURITY]
SecurityServer=P03ERP

It´s is Posible and Optime? My platafor is in NT SERVER

thanks

Back