Thanks,

jc

John J. Chiodo
System Administrator/CNC
Xe SP18, CO on AS400 Enterprise Server
Lang Companies
(262)646-2211 x351

John,

All the .pdf are on the deployment server in the "PrintQueue" folder, that's where the "view .pdf" take them from. This is true for a W2K Server so I assume it's the same even if your enterprise is AS/400.

Christian Audet

Try:

/QSYS.LIB/B7333SYS.LIB/PRINTQUEUE.FILE/

The PDFs are named as:
Letter Job# .MBR eg: F22438.MBR

Peter

"All the .pdf are on the deployment server in the "PrintQueue" folder, that's where the "view .pdf" take them from. "

Absolutely incorrect.....

The only PDF's on the Deployment Server are those that are run locally on the DS. Like any other OW client, when a UBE runs it stores the output in the PrintQueue directory.

I found my files on the AS400, thanks Peter. Now, how can I transfer them
to my PC?

John J. Chiodo
System Administrator/CNC
Xe SP18, CO on AS400 Enterprise Server
Lang Companies
(262)646-2211 x351

Brother,

What a nice and polite way to tell me that i'm wrong !

Can you all tell us where are those file ? (since with your post I NOW realize that I am wrong on the subject, sorry !)

Christian Audet

Yeah, I realized that I was a little tactless. Sorry 'bout that. End of a long day and all that....

In Unix:

../jdedwardsoneworld/b7333/PrintQueue

In NT:

(driveletter):\JDEdwardsOneworld\B7333\ddp\PrintQueue

I think someone already answered for AS/400

Actually, you are both sort of wrong...

If the PDF is created by submission, the PDF is created/stored in the PrintQueue library(folder) of the enterprize server.

If the PDF is created by running local, the PDF is created/stored in the PrintQueue folder of the local machine (which could be b7\PrintQueue or username\PrintQueue or variation based on jde.ini file).

When the PDF created by submission is viewed, a copy of the PDF is replicated from the enterprize server to the local printqueue... and thus is viewable from the View PrintQueue button.

The above appears to be the process for implementations on the AS/400 - your implementation(s) may be slightly different.

Daniel
[email protected]
www.existinglight.net

"Actually, you are both sort of wrong... "

The original post asked where PDF's were stored when submitted to the enterprise server. I answered that question. The reply about those PDF's being on the Deployment Server was incorrect and I correctly stated that "The only PDF's on the Deployment Server are those that are run locally on the DS. "

Please be kind enough to tell me which statement is incorrect.

Daniel & Brother,

I was actually wrong by talking about the deployement server, It seems that in two of my answer today the deployement server was "GOD". We were supposed to read "Enterprise Server" Wow I did it I said "Enterprise Server".

I was aware about the copy process to you local machine but I was wrong on where it was copied from.

Thanks Daniel & Brother.

(P.S. Brother dont worry, I was also too quick on my answer, I feel better now)

Re: RE: Location of PDF files

Hi John,

I have used ftp from the Windows command prompt to get the PDF files from an AS400. The only problem was that on the system I was using, the PDFs had trailing padding characters added (chars added were hex 40 ie ASCII @ - I thinnk EBCDIC space?) - I presume to make the length of the data up to an AS400 record length? I'm afraid I don't know enough about AS400s to tell you if this will always happen or if it was specific to the setup of the one that I was using. Anyway, it may or may not cause a problem depending on what you want to do with the files - Acrobat Reader was able to open the PDFs without a problem.

example ftp command
get /QSYS.LIB/B7333SYS.LIB/PRINTQUEUE.FILE/F22438.MBR D:/F22438.PDF

and don't forget to set the transfer type to binary first.

Peter

Sure, Brother;....

If a user views a PDF that was submitted (not run locally), from the Deploymnet Server, that viewed PDF is replicated from the ES to the DS.

Thus, the PDF that is replicated down from the ES was not run locally on the DS... and does find its way to the PrintQueue folder/directory on the DS.

Sorry if I offended - sometimes I put on my put on my black-n-white hat and see only the absolutes... sometimes I miss the colors and squish a few toes...

Daniel
[email protected]
www.existinglight.net

Back