LNK2001 error "Unresolved External Symbol" when compiling BSFN which has XML API's in JDE TR 8.96

vinone

LNK2001 error \"Unresolved External Symbol\" when compiling BSFN which has XML API\'s in JDE TR 8.96

Designed a BSFN with XML API's jdeSpecConvertToXML, jdeSpecInitXMLConvertHandle, jdeLookupSysVarName in JDE App. release 8.10 and tools release 6.22. It is giving LNK errors on compiling. I have already defined xerceswrapper.h in the header file of the BSFN.
What header files inclue the definition of the above API's?

JDEdwards Enterprise One 8.10, Tools Release 8.96

Re: LNK2001 error \"Unresolved External Symbol\" when compiling BSFN which has XML API\'s in JDE TR 8.96

First of all, LINK errors are post-compile errors so if it makes it to the link stage, you must have a clean compile. Meaning, those api's are all accounted for in whatever #include files you have defined. Linking is done on .lib files, which I would have thought would all be there and available to BUSBUILD. You are using BUSBUILD, right?

If you are, you will probably need to add some #pragma statements to one of your include files to force linking to the required libraries (#pragma comment( lib, "file.lib" ) ). As for identifying those libraries, you can try doing a text search on all the files in the \lib folder and search for the api names.

Good luck.

Re: LNK2001 error \"Unresolved External Symbol\" when compiling BSFN which has XML API\'s in JDE TR 8.96

Thanks Jeremy for the response.I am using Specencap API's jdeSpecConvertToXML and others in
8.10 and TR 8.96.2.3. I found that these API's are not listed in any header files and there was
no corresponding lib files as well. If you are aware, could you please tell me if the API's are
supported in my current release?

Thanks,
Vinayak

Looking at my 812 demo, I see that api is defined in specencapapi.h. Your bsfn would not get to the LINK stage without that definition being 'seen' by your function. You should not need to #include that file explicitly...it will already be defined via jde.h

So the question is: why does your bsfn fail to link? I see that api resides in jdekrnl.dll which, to me, means BUSBUILD should definitely see that when linking (because it will be compiled into jdekrnl.lib).

Are you writing an external application to interface with JDE?
OR: is this a jde bsfn that you are trying to build using BUSBUILD within the OMW toolset?

That link error sounds like you are trying to create an external function that interfaces with JDE and you haven't defined the necessary libraries in your VC++ project settings.

To answer your question,I am creating the BSFN inside JDE and there is no external interface.
Looks like the API is not supported in 8.10 TR 8.96.23 as it does not have the specencap.h file nor could I find its reference in any hearder files.
I checked for the API in the jdekrnl.lib and its not there either.

Thanks,
Vinayak

Back