Line Type

viper

I am trying to use the G/L Class field on the Line Type to default into the Sales Order Line. I have set blank G/L class code on my Item Master, Item Branch / Plant and Item Location. I still can't get the G/L Class to default from my line type to the sales order. Has someone out there tried this before ?

Does the line type have an "N" in the Inventory Interface field? If you use
Y or D it gets the G/L class from the Item/Branch/Location. "N" means
non-inventory line type.

Viper,
Go to your line type setup and make sure the edit item number is checked. Your item master and branch should have the g/l class code set there. If your going to use other line types with your item numbers, you can default the g/l code you set up in the line type setup. This is going to be dependent on the version of One World your running. Advanced ESU's will cause the short item number to be zero depending on what service pack and ESU's you have applied.

Good Luck - I had to work on this alot.

Hi Joe,

I have tried to test this in Jnr (B7333 SP19) and had no luck. Is there a bug with this version of Jnr. I checked the edit item number field for line type S and made sure that the Class Code on the Item Master, Item Branch, and Item Location has a G/L Class code (IN30). I still couldn't get the Line Type class code of (IN99) to defult into the Sales order line. I also tried leaving the Class Code blank on the item master, item branch plant and Item Location to blank and had no joy as well.

Viper,

When I was on SP19, I had to make a code change to make this happen. I am looking for it now and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Back