limiting cycle count items

Ken

Is there a way to limit the amount of records to count when running the Cycle count program? I realize that it's based on next count date, however we usually only count a small amount most months and then do a larger count on just a few months. We are not using this program yet and I want to get all of my ducks in a row before we roll it out.
Thanks for any input,

Hi Ken.. I have a lot of clients that do this... there are a number of ways
you can do it depending on your situation...

When you run the select items for cycle count program... you can
1. Do it by location... if you want to only count certain locations at a
time.
2. Do it based on volume .. you can set up a category code or use the ABC
Anaylsis buttons to set up A items, B items, and C items... and use that as
your data selection.
3. Do it based on the cycle count category code... and use that in the data
selection.
or
4. Do it based on just items... and just enter the item numbers you want to
count based on your data selection... you could also do it based on certain
items in certain locations...

As you can see there are a bunch of ways you can do... thanks, Bobby

Thanks for any input,

Thanks for the ideas, but I was also curious if you could limit the number of records returned within a category, so if there are 500 records but I only want to count 100 of the 500 it will only return the first 100 records.

We just recently setup our cycle count process, and wrote a custom UBE that takes all items and spreads out the next count date for items within each cycle count category code. For example, if we have a "MON" code with a 28 day cycle, then I'd read all items with the "MON" code and start assigning next count dates. So the 1st would get 09/09/02, then 9/10, 9/11/, 9/12, 9/13, and then start the next item at the next week with 9/16. I'd run this UBE once for each cycle count category we have. This will spread the items out as evenly as possible for initial counts. Then as they are counted, the next count date will be set out based on the cycle count code frequency.

So far unless you modify the program I haven't found a way unless you make
the grouping for your category code small (like 100)...

Back