Leave Rollover every Payperiod

annieef

All,
Client has a setup for vacation accrual that uses two DBA's. The first accumulates/tracks hours - there is a maximum to which we can accrue on. The second (with the calculation) deterimines how many hours they have accrued of vacation. We have a maximum on this, too, but it doesn't seem to apply UNTIL we do a rollover. When we do the rollover, if the employee has accrued over the maximum hours (total), it will adjust to the maximum.
GSC is suggesting that we revamp our setup. We like our setup because we have an immediately available calcuation. The ONLY thing we don't have is the maxiumum cutting off as we'd like. If we move to the suggested setup, the employee would see accrued and available - we want ONLY available.
We've asked if we can run the rollover - to apply the maximum - every payroll period. I've been unsuccessful in getting this to happen (the R07390A/B errors if I run for same year) but I've had HR/Payroll consultants indicate that this is done frequently.
So, I'm asking if anyone out there has done this or has seen this done OR if you have any other suggestions to keeping our immediately available under it's max.
We're on 8.10, tools 8.95i, DB2.

Annie,
I don't see why your accrual limit wouldn't be working, unless I'm not understanding your setup. What do you have in the "date & limit rule" field on your accrual DBA?

Annie,

We are using the 2 DBA fiscal year approach. I'm not understanding your comments about wanting to do a rollover every pay period. We run rhe R073910/R073911 every pay period. Employees reaching their anniversary during a period roll and their accruals become available.

I think I understand your problems regarding the rollover maximum and wanting to apply it continuously so accruals stop when it is reached. We would like to see that too but the process does not run on an employee unless it is their anniversary pay period. Do you know that you can turn off the display of accrued (but not yet available) for everyone but HR/Payroll staff?

Back