Knowledge Browser & Breaking News Removed From Website!!!!!!!

I'm in solution search. I typed in 8.10 subledger in the search box and product group: EnterpriseOne Financial Mgmt, Product/Service: Fixed Assets Accounting and release/industry: 8.10. It retrieves calls not pertaining to EnterpriseOne.

How do I know this? One call talks about COBOL.

I totally agree with Jon. It's pathetic. I've already complain twice to Peoplesoft.

We should start an online petition and present it to Craig Conway.

I was just thinking - it used to be that the Knowledge Garden was modified around the Microsoft Knowledgebase. With that, it was easy to find articles, easy to find information pertaining to products AND easy to search.

Then they somehow set it up so it was more "protected" - although from who I haven't a clue - isn't the sharing of information going to help promote the product ?

Now it seems they have almost completely eradicated all the articles. When I speak with JDE on-call support people - it seems they're in just as bad a position - I can just imagine snippets of the old knowledge garden secretly being passed between response line people - guarding secrets of Oneworld in case a customer might ask them ....

The Microsoft Knowledgebase is still one of the best software search tools that has ever been created. Its free, its open to anyone - and your question is usually answered in the first 4-5 hits.

Executives, Managers, Marketeers and Salespeople don't use these resources - so why are they the ones that are making the decisions about how they should be used ?

Heres the main point. All of us are paying for this as part of our maintenance. We've already all come to the approach that the phone service is crud, but if the online support services go the same way - what, exactly, are we paying for ?

I'd hope that Peoplesofts approach to support and maintenance is addressed immediately at Connect. If Peoplesoft aren't going to listen to their user group - where is the message coming from ?

Cho,

try looking for anything to do with BBOPE (Black Box)... It's a OW
plug in... the only place you will find a reference is in WORLD.

You are not alone... the truth is out there (but you'll have to be an
x-files funky to find it)

GoPHigURe?

db

In the early days (1997/1998), the Knowledge Garden was only accessible
to JDE employees and business partners...NOT THE CUSTOMER!

Dan

I opened a call to CustomerCare because I could not find any documents relating to 8.10 and subledgers using solution search. The call was eventually rerouted to Denver. I spoke to a response line person. There's lots of people who are not happy with solution search.

Whoever is going to Connect, I urge you to bring it up in Connect. I'm not going to Connect due to budget constricts.

Also, whoever is going out be aware that Marc Songini of Computerworld magazine will be out at Connect to do a follow up on his 8/23/04 article, and I have told him to be on the lookout for groups of former JDE users that will be meeting throughout the session. Maybe "the power of the pen" will hold some sway with PS (as Ram Gupta was interviewed for the same article)...

I finally found what I've been looking for. Like Dan Bohner said the truth is out there.

I typed in frequently asked questions in the search box and product group: EnterpriseOne Financial Mgmt, Product/Service: Fixed Assets Accounting. It brings up the white papers that were on the KG. Very intuitive eh?

Looks like Peoplesoft ARE listening (even though the Knowledge Garden crew didn't seem to be at connect.... :cool:

"New Proactive Notification of Urgent Product Issues

September 27, 2004—We've relaunched the successful PeopleSoft® EnterpriseOne and World "Breaking News" notification of critical product issues in a new format on Customer Connection, and expanded it to include PeopleSoft® Enterprise applications.

Breaking News items will be listed in the Updates and Fixes Notification pagelet under the impacted product line. These items will include notifications of significant product issues that will cause production system down, or similarly significant issues.

To receive Breaking News updates, edit the Updates and Fixes Notification pagelet on your home page to include your installed applications. When Breaking News items are published, they'll automatically appear in the product line section the issue impacts."

Hi Jon,

Where can I find the "Updates and Fixes Notification pagelet".
I wasn't able to locate it.
Can you or somebody navigate me there?

Do I understand it well, the "restored" Breaking News feature is a subsribe-able e-mail notification? ...Or can I see Breaking News on the internet site too?

Thanks in advance?

Zoltán

Zoltán

When you enter the website (Customer Connection)

Click "New Page"
Click "Personize Content"

No you must log-in to you "New Page" each time to see the breaking news - I haven't had any yet

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks!

I set up the New Page. I haven't had any "Breaking News" too.

Regards,

Zoltán

Back