Kit Order is not canceled

Beverjik

I have Sales Orders with Kit Item when I want to cancel in status before to be invoiced. The cancelation is only for Parent Item and one of the four components. How I can cancel a Kit order with all its components.

It is hard to say exactly what happened without analyzing the data. Here are some important points about kits.

The logic that keeps a kit parent and it's components together on a sales order is called Kit Balancing. As long as you set the processing options to sales order entry (P4210) to NOT display kit components, any changes made tot he Kit Parent will automatically update the kit component lines (that are not visible in this version). In this mode you can cancel the line of the Kit Parent and it will cancel the components. If you display the components in the P4210 then you are telling the system that you want to manage the Kit Baancing manually and then you will have to process each line individually. Once you make a change in this mode, auto kit balancing will be be broken and the components will not be sync with the kit parent.

NOTE: Even if you display only the kit parent at Ship Confirm P4205, it will display the components on the transaction screen. From this point on the lines are also considered independent and any changes will have to be manual.

Back