jdedebug Toggling

craig_welton

craig_welton

Legendary Poster
Hello all,

I was reading a post in the tricks and traps section about the changeLogSettings API in jdel.dll. Apparently it can change the Output=FILE setting on the fly. Can anyone confirm that his still works with XE and above? I call other APIs from outside OW but this one doesn't act like I expect.

thanks a ton,
Craig

Hi Craig,

Visit the Download board of JDEList too.
There are ready made debug toggle free utilies. I had used one of them with success on XE. But there are more useful and free downloadable there.

You can also visit:

f3software
Everest Software International

On the second link, you can find more usefull and free utilities - and many great and useful commercial software too (am I right Alex Pastuhov
wink.gif
)

If you have time, you can also check

Dominion Software

for example to download the great and free Visual ER Bridge tool to compare ER for objects with different names on XE (created by Chris Bruce).

Regards,

Zoltán

Thanks Zoltan,

I was hoping the API would change the setting on the fly and I wouldn't have to restart OW.

I'll be uploading a jdedebug analyzer in the near future. It arranges the entries by thread and display them in a tree view so you can view the info better. I'll attach a screen shot of the old version. I'm re-writing it for the new OW releases.

Craig

Attachments

• 97039-owanalyzerold.JPG
    97039-owanalyzerold.JPG
    195.1 KB · Views: 127
Zoltan, you are right as always
grin.gif

I have attached the latest version of our free OWDLC here - it offers a few additional functions on top of toggling debuglog, like Julian Date Converter, etc.

Attachments

• 97064-OWDLC.ZIP
    404.3 KB · Views: 153
Hello Graig

Have a look at the attached documents and let me know how you get on.

Once you designed the app, you can call within OneWorld and don't have to log off/on.

Good Luck

Attachments

• 97100-Application P55LOG to set debug log on.doc
    58 KB · Views: 231
Thanks Sati. What I'm trying to do is call the changeLogSettings API outside of OW, through a C program. The API function executes, but doesn't affect the generation of the jdedebug.log

I have gotten other OW APIs to work, but not this one ...... yet.

Craig, calling the API from a separate process won't work as the API just changes a flag within it's own process, not within the process of your activeExplorer session.

The approach I took to get this working with my jdeLogCentral tool was to do some tricky win32 stuff to insert some code into the activeExplorer process to call the API and then trigger the inserted code. It was kinda technical. If I was you I'd only re-invent that wheel as a learning exercise!

Calling the API from a OneWorld screen definitely does work as it is in-process. If you look way back for my original post on this I explained how to do it.

Cheers,
JohnO

Back