JDE EnterpriseOne and fashion

gigi

gigi

VIP Member
Has someone implemented JDEdwards EnterpriseOne 9.0 (or previous release) for a midsize company operating in the fashion market?

I know that Oracle was implementing (or upgrading from old release) a new JDE module for this area, but delivery date is too far for me.

Which are the most important problem encountered on a project? There is foundation module (product variant) that allow to manage sales and purchase order with matrix, but for manufacturing process? MRP message? Work order grouping for season for example? How do you generate work order for sizes and colors?

any suggest will be appreciate!!!
thanks in advance
gg

I implemented WorldSoftware GL and FASTR at my former employer in the fashion business. We did not implement M&D because at that time JDE couldn't handle size and color. There are a couple of things that I would have liked to have tried if we had had AP <ul type="square"> [*]Logged vouchers for letters of credit [*]Subledgers to track season and year for certain expenses like samples [/list] Hopefully someone else will have implemented JDE fully and can give you guidance.

Brad
World F6.2 - A7.3
OneWorld B7321 - EnterpriseOne 8.12

thank a lot Brad ...... but is someone live with EnterpriseOne with all modules (finance, purchasing, sales, manuf) ? Or has tried without success to implement a fashion company? Which are your experience?

gg

Hello! We are interested in the progress of the JDE Apparel Business module. I'm just wondering what you've heard about the release date. Thanks.

Hello Luigi,

Although I have not implemented 9.0, I do have worked for a company that cr eates fabrics. They come in different width and the print/design can be ord ered in different color combinations/variations.

They used the configurator from J.D.Edwards to handle the different widhts and the colors. I think that could be a way to handle your question, to cov er both production and sales.

Also I know that a company in Holland (BNV Consultants) has created a tail ormade branch adjustment to the product matrix of J.D. Edwards for a fashio n company (but I have never worked with that so I do not know the efficienc y). It could be worthwhile to contact them.

Succes with your quest.

Kind regards,

Saskia Wijckmans

Re: RE: JDE EnterpriseOne and fashion

Actually, BNV implemented a vertical created by Thalma.
Oracle bought this vertical and was going to 'update' it for 9.0. I think this is what Luigi is talking about?

Oracle have released the documentation for apparel management last Friday 5-Nov-2010.

There is now a special MyOracle Knowledge category called JD Edwards Apparel management.

Apparel Management is a separate module to JD Edwards that requires extra licensing and is available in JDE 9.0 Update 2.

Once Apparel Management is installed, it will make changes to these modules:
This document provides an overview of changes to the base programs for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne
Apparel Management and discusses the changes to:
• EnterpriseOne System Control (P99410)
• Item Master (P4101)
• Item Branch (P41026)
• Inventory Issues (P4112)
• Inventory Transfers (P4113)
• Inventory Adjustments (P4114)
• Sales Order Entry (P4210)
• Sales Order Entry (P42101)
• Purchase Orders (P4310)
• Generate POs from Requisitions/Blanket Order Release (P43060)
• F4301 Purchase Order Header Purge (R4301P)

[ QUOTE ]
Once Apparel Management is installed, it will make changes to these modules:
<font color="red">This document </font> provides an overview of changes to the base programs for JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

[/ QUOTE ]

What document are you referencing?
confused.gif

This one? Changes to the Base Programs

Hi Terry,

Yes, I am referring to the Changes to the Base Programs document on MOS under document 1228573.1

Hopefully, Oracle have a reasonable pricing model for this new module.

Back