JD Edwards enterpriseone and IBM ptf's

pecampos

JD Edwards enterpriseone and IBM ptf\'s

I installed a IBM 9409 M50 5 lpar system in July/August to prepare for our move from JD Edwards World to JD Edwards enterpriseone. We are live now and all looks well, however I discovered from a string of SRC codes that there is a hang condition on IBM License Internal Code for IBM OS400 V5R4M0. I ran the problem through IBM support and there APAR database called out cumulative ptf package C8305540. Being that ptf compatability with JD Edwards is critical, I wanted to know if anyone is running JD Edwards enterpriseone 8.12 & Tools Release 8.97 with this latest ptf cumulative ptf package C8305540. Thanks

Re: JD Edwards enterpriseone and IBM ptf\'s

Since this is a new install. If the cum isn't supported in the JDE APAR now, it will be by the time you go live. Besides you can't go live with SRC codes anyway.

JMHO

Tom

Tom, thanks for the response I think, as noted in my original post, we are live. The 9409 was installed in July, the consultants have been testing, converting, and tranferring data into E1 from the existing JDE World lpar. It has been through various savsys routines capturing the projects data progress that this hang condition occured. It was at that time that through IBM the cumulative ptf was recommended. Then in talking with the consultants about applying it was when the "make sure your compatible with JDE came about" they informed me that JDE typically runs one cumulative package behind. Although this makes no sense to me, I still need to carefully verify. Again there emphasis on ptf level compatability had more to do with JDE E1, not so much JDE World. The consultants actually suggested this site as a possible mechanism to get responses. So I will just continue to try and see if there is someone running the latest cume package.

I think you guys haven't read the APAR.

A very long time ago JDE and IBM stopped certifuing individual CUME packages.

The policy is simply to put on the latest CUME package. Any individual PTF's that are required but are not in the latest CUME package are listed.

NOTE: The frequency that this web site is updated and the frequency of the CUME's are different so you may find that PTF's listed on the APAR are actually in the latest CUME package.

Colin

Back