JAS Server slow with Languages

habarric

I have a 9.0 installation with many languages installed. For English, the web client zooms right along quickly serializing objects on the fly and displaying forms. When I setup my profile with a standard single byte language, it becomes much, much slower.

I decided to do a full e-gen for all the installed languages to see if that resolved it. The English is now even faster, but it seems like it is still serializing the other languages on the fly and still slowly at that.

Anyone seen this before?

FWIW, it's all AIX, Oracle 11g, WebLogic, 8.98.3.3 tools...but I'm open to hearing all experiences such as this, regardless of the version and config.

could you activate jasdebug log over web application? you can activate it for one user, you can try to login with this user with english profile and then re-login with an alternate language associated. Now yuo can analyze logs to identify which query not performing well.
good luck
gg

Are you changing only the language or associating any localization country with the user profile as well. What I mean by this is, if a user has language as Spanish and localization language as Argentina then additional business functions are executed specific to Argentina localization . It might be a business setup issue although on the surface it seems like the translation is slow.

Back