JAS/object generation/ Help

ascifia

We running ERP9 (b9)/SP2_D1/Update1/Windows 2000/Oracle 9.2/Unicode

I have just JAS server installed On Win 2000/WebSphere 4.0.5/IIS

Jas is working, it mean that I can log in and select environment, but because I did not generate objects jet the screen is empty only People Soft background image is shown.
Now I need to generate objects. But if I run gen.bat, then I connect in (does not meter if direct, or trough JAS) and do not touch anything, In the JAS logs I have this errors:

05 II 2004 09:54:45,361 [ConectionThread] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException} - com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [SPEC_NOT_FOUND] SPEC_NOT_FOUND
05 II 2004 09:54:45,361 [ConectionThread] ERROR: {com.jdedwards.jas} - JDEOWDirect.getSpec failed:[SPEC_NOT_FOUND] SPEC_NOT_FOUND

com.jdedwards.database.base.JDBException: [SPEC_NOT_FOUND] SPEC_NOT_FOUND
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpecAsPObject(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.database.services.spec.SerializedSpecMap.getSpec(Unknown Source)
at com.jdedwards.jas.JDEOWDirect.getSpec(Unknown Source)

If I try to generate any object, then I have this:

Connection established successfully with DIRECTGEN
Generating Table: T0101
Table generation finished
NetManager: Exception in processRequestError Message: <Errors on JAS: >, Error l
ist: :
szError: 431
subText:
alphaDescriptionTemplate: JAS_MSG431: Fetch serialized object failed. Please con
tact your system administrator.
glossaryTextTemplate:
errorLevel: 1
idItem: -1

I have setup all by the manual.

Where can be the problem?

Thank For help

Martin.

[frown]

I don't have experience with your problem or your version (B9), but I have a thought. There is somesort of issue with the JITC compiler that a few customers have encountered (although not us). A Knowledge Garden search of that msg ID turned up a SAR mentioning such a problem.

Check with Peoplesoft support, to be sure, but you could try changing your WebSphere JVM Settings to include the following arguement:
-Djava.compiler=jitc

When you get it resolved, post a reply that tells us what you did.

Doug

Back