Item Transfers creating Item Branch Records

llallen1113

Well Known Member
We are having an issue where users performing item transfers (P4113) are inadvertedly creating item branch records if they do not already exist. My functional expert is sure this is a recent event, and users were unable to do this in the past. Has anyone run into this issue before? This problem occurs for branch plants that have the branch plant locations constant set to Y and N. Is it setup related? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Laurie

EnterpriseOne 8.11 using SQL Server DB platform

It's hard coded to always create a branch record on the fly if one doesn't exist in the target branch.

I believe there is a processing option to prevent this. I don't recall which app it is in though. We had a similar issue where the shipping department turned on the processing option thinking it was easier for them to not have to call corporate. Not realizing that caused a bigger issue as the branch record was not set up correctly
grin.gif

I've looked everywhere I can think of a processing option to toggle this
functionality on and off, but I've found nothing. If you can remember
anything more, I would greatly appreciate your sharing.

Thanks,

Laurie

I also vaguely remember a processing option that would prevent creating
locations on the fly when doing inventory transactions. But I can't find it
now. So maybe it doesn't exist and your only option is to turn on location
control in the branch/plant constants. This will prevent creating locations
on the fly. All locations will need to be created as a procedure separate
from doing transactions.

Andy

Re: RE: Item Transfers creating Item Branch Records

I have seen processing options like that, although I can't seem to find them right now, to allow the application to create location records if they do not exist, but my problem stems from users creating item branch records. This issue is ocurring for branches that have location control turned on, and branches that have location control turned off. UG. At least I;m not the only one who can't remember where those processing options are.
smile.gif

The only processing option I know of is in the version of the P4310 that is used during transfer orders. Under the Transfer tab there is an option to create Branch Records if they do not already exist.

You should at least be getting a warning message that the Item Branch Record Does Not Exist. I believe that it is error ID 121D. You could change this message from being a warning to an actual error that will prevent the transaction from happening. You would need to examine all areas where this error could occur to make sure that you are not limiting yourself by making that change.

We do have the option on P4310 set to allow locations to be added upon receipt. I know this functionality is working as intended. The ability to add locations through item transfers is something that happened recently, and not intended. I found where our company deployed 3 ESUs the day before the problem started to occur. Anyone care to place a bet on whether one is realted to the other?
tongue.gif

If/When I find an answer, I'll let everyone know. Thanks for all the good responses.

Laurie

Looks like ukpj was right. Item Transfers and Item adjustments (P4113 ad P4114) are designed to create Item Branch records if they do not already exist in the system. We tested Xe, 8.10, and 2 different 8.11 environments and found this to be true each time.

There does appear to be a bug where the POC value on the F4102 is not populated correctly when item branch records are created this way. I'll be submitting an issue to Oracle on that.

Thank you everyone who responded to my issue. I hope I can return the favor.
smile.gif

Hi,

Try looking at your branch plant constants. This is where you allow or disallow the addition of locations on the "fly" while processing inventory transactions

Back