Item restrictions

PieterS

A supplier is set up in the AP Master to include items that are listed in the item restriction program P40131. When an item that the supplier is restricted from is added to an order, on the first line, the system shows the Item restriction error, which is correct. Should an item that the supplier is not restricted from be captured, in the next line the system continues to show the restriction error, which is incorrect. This works vice-versa should the first item have been acceptable it then accepts all other items even though the supplier may be restricted from these items. In short the system applies the rule based on the acceptability or inacceptability of the first item (line) entered. Has anyone experienced similar issues or could there be something incorrect in our set up ?

I've tested your findings and it works fine with us. We are on update 5 and haven't implemented any extra ESUs in procurement. What I have remarked is that when the item for which the supplier is restricted becomes replaced with an accepted item then the receiving location doesn't change and you get a warning item/location doesn't exist.

I hope this helps. Please put your update level in your signature this helps others to help you.

Back