Item Ledger Records Missing

brackca1

I have instances where there are not item ledger(Cardex) postings in the F4111. For the same order, I'll have 3 items. 2 will have a cardex entry and 1 will not. Is there a field in the item master that determines if a cardex entry will be made?

Hi,

Off the top of my head, the main reason that a transaction would show up in the Cardex for one item but not another would be the line type. Check the order details to see what the line types are for the two differing items. If there are differing line types, it could be due to setup of the item master records with different line types or it could be that two different versions of order entry were used. The different versions used would have different line types in their processing options. To tell if the different line types should interface with the Cardex, you can check the order line type setup screens. Hope that helps.

Sincerely,

Heather Baldwin

Heather,

Thanks so much for the response. The strange thing is both of these items
are on the same order and they are both "S" stocking type. That's what's
unusual to me.

Sincerely,

Carl Brack

Carl,

What program are you using to create the F4111 records ? We have seen records not get written with the P4112 issues program, if the user does not tab thru the fields on a line before going to the next line.

Dave Mallory
Denver Water

Dave,

I believe the P4210/R42997 will create the first record once it has been
hard committed. It appears it's there right after we enter an order.

Thanks,

Carl

Back