Issuing Scrap via Super BackFlush

askuodas

Dear listers,
Am wondering if any of you have faced the following scenario.....
Is there any way that, via Super Back Flush, where the materials are issued blindly, that the scrap quantities can be automatically populated ?
If a scrap % exists on a bill of materials, (i.e. expect to require extra materials), the parent item's cost will include an
A2 cost component for the value of the scrap.
When issuing the materials against the work order, if the scrap quantities are not recorded in the issue process and the full quantity (including the allowance for scrap) is issued against the work order, then when the variance accounting entries are generated, there will be an unfavourable materials variance (A1) and a favourable scrap variance (A2). This is misleading as there was not a favourable scrap variance, as
the scrap quantity was in fact consumed. Likewise there was not an unfavourable material variance, as the correct quantity of materials were used, the extra quantity being the allowed and expected scrap.
This variance can also be seen in the P31022 Production Cost Enquiry screen following the generation of the Mfg Variances (R31804).
As a result, any expected scrap (as allowed for in the Bills of materials) will not generate the correct accounting, (and other production analysis) unless the scrap quantities are manually maintained in the issue process.
Maintaining the scrapped quantities for a large volume of work orders, and against a large volume of component items is not an ideal solution. (e.g. in a plastics manufacturing environment).

Has any one experienced this problem before ?
Do you know of a way to get the expected scrap quantity to automatically be recorded when backflushing the materials ?

An initial response from JDE states that all scrap quantities must be entered manually.

Thanks in advance,

Adrian Skuodas

A fantastic question, I wish I knew of a good answer for you, but I think it is going to be "No, you can't do this." Well, not in the standard software.

P31123 only calls the following programs: P31113, P311221, P31114. It does not include the P31116 to which you refer.

Back