Issue with Tabular Column - Variance

DON L.

Need to understand why Variance and Variance % are blank. I added a new columnar section and everything else looks good (totals etc).
Thanks,

Don,

We need more information.

One common trap - are the variances/calculations being committed before the values within their formulas are valid? ie - is your Variance before the field that is being used to calculate it?

At 'which' level/ER Section are you doing the calculation?

(db)

I am using standard JDE smart fields in the new section that I created. When I modify one of the existing sections of this custom report and include the new data selection which is needed for the new section, all the amounts appear perfectly (in the existing section). Unfortunately I need a new section since these are different type of expenses which have to be categorized differently. I don't know what the difference between the existing section and the new section except for the data selection.

Check the standard section to see how the calculations are done. They can either be through a calculation or through event rules. I wrote a conditioned variance report (suppress rows based on the value of a variance column) that did not work for calculation columns, only if the variance was calculated with event rules.

Back