"Invalid Column" error on custom UNION bsvw

• Thread starter Frosty the Coder
  • Start date

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
\"Invalid Column\" error on custom UNION bsvw

List, this is the first time I've seen this particular error.

A F4211_F42119 custom union BSVW was migrated from XE to 90.

Trying to look at the view through databrowser throws
"JAS MSG 346 - jas database failure
[INEQUAL SELECT_COLS_FROM_UNION_TABLES]
Different number of select columns coming from tables in union."

Going into BSVW design for this gives
"At least one invalid column was found in this business view.
Union business views should only have columns from the primary table selected.
You do not have to fix this issue. The system will continue to run as before.
If you intend to fix the problem, do the following:
1)Change all uses of the invalid column;
2)Remove the offending column from the bsvw;
3) Save the bsvw."

I compared the columns selected from 4211 (primary) to 42119 (secondary) and they match.

I compared the BSVW to XE and the columns match w/the exception of PSDJ having been removed from F4211, F42119.

I've looked at jde and jdedebug logs as I run BSVW design aid,
but don't see anything stating what's causing the error.

I've compared the custom BSVW to base JDE 4211/42119 Union views, and don't notice a difference.

How do I determine what the offending column is?

Please AND Thanks

Re: \"Invalid Column\" error on custom UNION bsvw

Hi Frosty, ran into that one myself recently during an upgrade to 910. Have a look at Doc ID 634133.1 on Oracle Support:

"The reason this error message occurs is because the corresponding columns from the secondary table have checkmarks. This is a result of the business view being designed on an older E1 release. To correct the problem, de-select all of the columns from the table. Then reselect all of the columns from the Primary table. Save the business view. The secondary table will not have anything selected at this point, but the system code will include them automatically when the business view is used."

Seems like I remember this from our Xe to 90 upgrade. Just guessing but:

1. Based on the error info its only necessary to select columns from one table and you should only select columns from one table. In other words, don't select F4211.KCOO, F4211.DOCO and then select F42119.KCOO or F42119.DCTO, etc.

2. The design aid may have fixed the problem for you... removed the offending column. Just resize a window or something so you get the save icon, save, and then go back in to the design aid and see if you still get the error.

BTW, I went to "fact check" guess #1, pulled up a pristine union view and got the same error. We upgraded in 2009 from Xe to 9.0 so it must not be that big of an issue. I also copied to a temp object, deleted all F42119 checked fields and the error went away.

Thank you BOTH very much.
grin.gif

Back