Interoperability for Cardex

Frosty the Coder

Legendary Poster
My TWO new posts to the existing thread aren't showing up unless viewed THREADED.

I'm stuck at step 1, uploading via iNavigator (5.3)
I haven't FOUND the detailed instructions to get the .txt to the 400.

Would someone PLEASE detail these steps and/or point me at the documentation.
(The doc that I've found hasn't enlightened me).

Please AND Thanks
Gene
(World A7.3.11, iNav 5.3)

Gene,
Well, I guess I am puzzled as to why you would have so much trouble finding this.=C2=A0 You should be on your PC and do the Start/Programs/IBM Client Access and then look under the list of options and you should see a Data Tr ansfer to AS/400 option.=C2=A0 Or if you start a green screen session, you should have a Transfer menu option there to pick from.=C2=A0 The only thing I can think of is that somehow a custom install of Client Access was done on your PC and the transfer function was not selected as an install compone nt.=C2=A0 If that is the case, you will need to reinstall and add this comp onent in.=C2=A0 You certainly have another option of using FTP to send the text file to the IFS and copy in from there.=C2=A0 Going to a lot of troubl e to get this working, when maybe it might be easier to follow the JDE proc ess.=C2=A0 Food for thought.
John Dickey

Getting them to change their ways would be akin to getting the sun to rise in the west.
I have larger battles, such as data integrity, to fight before trying to correct THIS procedure.

Thanks for your assistance.
Gene

Back