Insert Text in TXFT field of F00165 (8.11)

sady

Hi all,

I'm using Table Conversion tool in E1 8.11 to convert legacy data in AS400 to E1 DB which is on IBM DB/2. The client has a table in AS400 which holds Item master specifications (long descriptions). They want this data to be attached as Item master attachments.

Using Table conversion, I can link and insert all fields, except inserting record into GDTXFT field of F00165 table. Is there a standard BSFN to insert text values into GDTXFT? if yes then which one? Please someone help me, I'm in deeeeep ...

Thanks!

PSE1 E811.1
Tools Rel. 5
Windows XP
IBM DB/2 on UNIX.

Hi:

You can use the "ConvertNarrativeText" BSFN. This BSFN convert the text passed as paramater to the binary fiedl and writes the row in the F00165 table. This last point means that you have to disable the write in your TC.

I hope this will be usefull for you.

Regards
alf_bas

Thanks alf_bas, I'll try it out and let you know the result. Looking at the BSFN, I guess it might solve my problem.

Thanks again!

Hi alf_bas again,

I tried to use the BSFN u mentioned, but I don't know what parameters to pass into the BSFN to make a successful entry for an item master attachment. It's mentioning keys for Supp Data numeric and alhpa-numeric. Aren't those fields related to supplemental Data Application?

If you have used this BSFN somehwere, can u pls tell me the required parameters to pass in the BSFN, for a successful entry as an Item attachment.

Thanks again.

Hi:

I'm tried to use the BSFN to insert item master attachment and see that it's imposible directly.

But, you can use this roundabout. It will be a little complicated, but I'm sure it works.

The problem with this BSFN is that is developed to insert information attached to the additional database, so it's expect that the fist parameter it's GT00092 (media object for additional database) and not GT4101 (the one we have to use).

Knowing this, we can call to the BSFN with the following parameters

Write World Narrative Text to One World Generic Text (F00165
"GT00092" -> szOBNM
"X" -> szTypeofData
Short item Number -> mnSuppDataNumericKey1
"Text" -> szGenericTextItemName
Attachament text -> szMO_Text_Blob

This will write a row in the F00165 table, but not a good one, because you have in the GDOBNM field the value GT00092 and in the GDTXKY (with short item number = 72228) something like ‘|X|||72228|0||’. You can see that this string have the value of szTypeofData parameter concatenated with the short item number and some ‘|’.

So, after you run the BSFN, you can make and update to the F000165, changing the value of GDOBNM to ‘GT4101’ and GDTXKY to ‘72228’ (the item number)

Regards

Alf_bas

Also if you know how to read and copy C i can send you a business fucntion which ofcourse you have to modify based on the Text attachment datastructure(meaning if you are adding text to GT00092 you have specify those key in the data structure) but it will add text properly to each record you are trying to add attachment to.

Let me know.

Adios.

Thanks alf_bas, I'll try it out. Hope it works.

Btw, "its not for sale", it would be great if you send me that C BSFN. I might not be great at C, but I can surely find some help here ard in my office to help me out with the BSFN.

I need all the help I can, any more inputs are most welcome, I'm willing to try all.

Cheers!

By the way, for your info alf_bas, "sady" and I are working on the same issue. I am replying on sady's behalf.

Cheers!

Hey thanks alf_bas,,

it worked like a charm. I did exactly what u told me to. I added a dummy record for GT00092, and then updated it for GT4101 and when i view my attachment, i get the required data.

Thanks again!

If it's easy to develop and I can use it for my purpose, then why not. Or else I could use your code in some other situation. Extra knowledge is not bad for health...
smile.gif

Thanks!

May I ask a stupid question?
How you update the GDOBNM and GDTXKY in F00165 since they are the key of the record? Many thanks.

Back