insert into Z-file table error

yws

Hi All,

I tried to insert some data from Microsoft SSIS into the Z-file table and one of the column which is a decimal data type with (7,0) length always generate the following error message:

Error: 0xC020844B at test3, ADO NET Destination [33272]: An exception has occurred during data insertion, the message returned from the provider is: SQL0406: Conversion error on assignment to column VLEDLN.
Cause . . . . . : During an attempt to assign a value to column VLEDLN with an INSERT, UPDATE, ALTER TABLE, or REFRESH TABLE statement, conversion error type 6 occurred. If precompiling, the error occurred when converting a numeric constant to the same attributes as column VLEDLN. A list of the error types follows: -- Error type 1 is overflow. -- Error type 2 is floating point overflow. -- Error type 3 is floating point underflow. -- Error type 4 is a floating point conversion error. -- Error type 5 is not an exact result. -- Error type 6 is numeric data that is not valid. -- Error type 7 is DBCS data that is not valid. Recovery . . . : Change the statement so that the result value fits in column VLEDLN and is valid, or create the table or view again, specifying a new type or length for column VLEDLN so that the result value can be assigned. Technical description . . . . . . . . : During precompile, an attempt is made to convert numeric constants in INSERT and UPDATE statements to the attributes of the target column. This would improve performance when the program is called.

I already tried different data type like decimal, numeric, integer and they all failed. Can anyone give me some hints?

Thanks so much!

yws

Back