Incoterms

tmackin

Reputable Poster
We are moving to incorporate the international codes for freight liability into OWXe. We have loaded them all into the UDC 42/FR for freight codes. I am having a problem figuring out where to input the "named place/port" required without modifying anything. Has anyone accomplished this? If so I would like to hear about your solution.

Also in reading the Incoterms manual I am led to believe that FOB is an "americanized" freight code and is no longer recognized internationally! Any comments? Should JDE/PS change their output not to use F.O.B. as a heading?

Would it be warranted to propose a SAR to add a field on the P4210/W4210G form for allowing input of this named place?

TIA

Hello everyone, I found this post via a Google search and am wondering if anyone has successfully implemented an Incoterms Named Place field.
I'm about to submit a change request to our IT analysts and would like to include as much information as possible or even point them in the right direction.

Lastly, I'm going to leave this here since it's very relevant :)
https://xkcd.com/979/

Thanks

Hi Benomar,

In a previous implementation we had the same issue. The customer want to add the city / country next to the Incoterm. For this we using the deliver to; we upload the airports / harbors etc as a address in the address book, searchtype JP (Junction Point) and when sales enter the order they choose the incoterm and the port of delivery.

Might be a solution?

Ralph

Back