Importing Customers with bare minimum of information to create SO

John Nickle

Hello everyone!

We are on JDE world 7.3. We are wanting to automatically import customers based on information entered into a showroom scanning system. Can anyone give any guidance on the bare minimum of information that would be needed to do so, or if there are any resources available that would help us find our way on this?

Thanks!

John Nickle

Hello John,
I'm not sure of what bare minimum represents in your environment, but here is the process that I have used to import large lists of chain store addresses or customers from acquired company's customer lists.

1. I create a transaction file in a test library to receive the basic customer information.
2. Assuming that the customer list is in Excel, I upload the contents of the worksheet into the transaction file.
3. I wrote a program to read the transaction file and insert records into file F0101Z1. For testing, I process only one customer record until I know I have all fields set properly.
4. Go to Menu G01313 and select option 2 to review the records in F0101Z1.
5. Use option number 4 to create the address book records.
6. After records are created you may need to use SQL to update various fields in F0301.

I may be facing this same project soon. I'm curious what showroom scanning system you are implementing.

Feel free to contact me if you need additional information.

Back