Implementation Guide

fauberte

fauberte

Well Known Member
Hi List,

I would like if the documents I'm looking for exist somewhere. I can't find anything on the PeopleSoft Website that fits my needs so far unless a jdelist saviour can help me.

I would like to get an official 'Check List' / 'Things to Do' kind of document in order to setup Inventory / Sales / Purchasing / Adv. Pricing(either XE ou 8.10). I know well the modules but as the users wants to lead theirs integrations, it would be great for them to have an official document that will lead them by themselves and save us some time to create one.

Thanks in advance for any tips...

These checklists come shipped with the software, try the following...

1. From your Solution Explorer screen drop down on your Task Views
2. Select "Implementation Approach"
3. Select "Standard Implementation"
4. Select "Model"
5. Select "Application Prototype"
6. Select "Prepare for Prototype"
7. Select "Create Process Scripts from Process Flows"
8. MAKE SURE YOUR DOCUMENTATION IS DISPLAYED ON THE SCREEN (View menu -> Show -> TAsk Documentation)
9. Select the Process you want and then the appropriate Activity script.

These Activity scripts should walk you through setting up the software and processing the most basic transactions.

These are held as excel files on the B7 directory (scan for "Activity" in the file name)

Craig

Thank you for this information -
Do you happen to know how I can utilize this information given.
I would like to attach our own training documentation and/or spread sheets to a task view. Any custom documentation would be there for all to see within JDE without having to go to a mapped drive

Thank you

Thanks Craig,

I didn't know about the task fonctionnalities. Thanks again for the great tip and solving my question.

Eric

Do you mean adding your own documentation and having it appear the way the JDE documentation shows up?

Under the task view ID (somewhere in the B9 sub-directory-sorry I don't EO on my laptop) there are documents stored that relate to that taskview. There is a UDC that defines which document it finds when the user click the various categories on their Task View screen (eg, implementation vs user training). It's a bit convoluted, but works.

Rob

A simple way to do this is...

In the Task documentation screen.

Drop down on the Edit function and take one of the file types, let's say Notes or Teach Me.

It will create a new Word document called 'Notes' or 'Teachme' in the directory that matches the Task Id and you can load your own doco into this empty Word file.

Thank you all

Yes that is what i want to do - create a task than attach a work document for custom applications or for new reports.

This way - any new custom information would be there for all to see and maybe request to be added to their menu

Or I was thinking of generic information for the buisness itself i.e. how to set up a customer in this enviroment - what all the category codes mean etc

Back