hRequest of BSVW

JMR

VIP Member
Does anybody know how one would go about obtaining the hRequest of the BSVW of the running UBE? I want to access that hRequest from within a custom business function so I can do some dynamic data selection prior to the 'Do' section.

I put in a call to JDE and they basically told me they weren't willing to give out that information. I have been digging into their #include files trying to find a function that would work, but to no avail. So, does anybody know of an undocumented function to provide this?

I am really trying to emulate what the system function, "Set User Selection", does. I need it to be more dynamic than that. By that, I mean not only are my values determined at runtime, but also my data items. The number of data items to choose from could be 50+ and the number of selections could be up to 5. So if you do the math, we're talking about 250+ If-statements in the 'Initialize' event...So you see, I would like another alternative.

My theory is this: If the BSVW is already open in the 'Initialize Section' event (which I assume it is since the system function, 'Set User Selection', is basically doing what I want to do), then I should be able to use the JDB_SetSelection api to add my custom selection. But I need that bleepin' hRequest!!!!

Back