HR Fields and Effective Dates

audioman

Hi,

I was wondering how JDE handles the effective dates of a change? For instance, I change the Marital Status and put an effective date (eg. 9/14/2011). But, let's say I made a mistake in the effective date. So, I don't change the value of the MS and just press OK. Then, I put in the same reason code but with a different effective date (eg. 9/15/2011).

How does JDE know that the right one is the latter?

(BTW, we're currently using JDE E1 8.11 SP1 / Tools 8.97.)

When you make a change to the employee master (F060116) the change takes effect right away; one exception is a pay rate change if you have the salary change workflow turned on. That you can check on. But everything else the changes takes place now. The date you enter is used to update the HR History table where changes are recorded for selected data items, plus the user ID and the change reason code. So, if you entered a change today (10/14/XX) to something, say marital status stored in the Employee Master but typed in the effective date as 11/14/XX the change will be in the table, but the History table (F08042 I think) would carry the wrong information as to the effective date of the change. Changes to salary and hourly rates are treated different than most other data items, so you have to be careful. If you have a test/training environment go there and play with a few changes and see what happens.

Back